Water Damage - Basement Flooded - SERVPRO of Manchester-East has got you covered
This flooded basement was caused by a recent storm and we can get it back to looking normal in no time! Call us at 603-669-7733 and we can help!
24/7 Emergency Water Damage Service in Manchester, New Hampshire
Flooding and water emergencies don't always happen during normal business hours which is why SERVPRO of Manchester-East is available 24/7 to help you in your time of need. We are there for you any day of the week- including ALL holidays!
Get help sooner than later: 603-669-7733
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Manchester-East arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Manchester-East
SERVPRO of Manchester-East specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
House Cleaning - Carpet Cleaning - Smoke Cleaning - SERVPRO of Manchester-East
Looking for a full house cleaning, including carpet cleaning? SERVPRO of Manchester-East has got you covered! We are well known for our ability to go above and beyond your normal house keeping services. Between our very experienced production techs and top of the line equipment, we will clean every inch of your house from walls to carpet and floors!
SMOKE SMELL IN HOUSE?
If anyone in your house smokes cigarettes or cigars it is understandable that those smells can eventually get trapped in a room or your house. Nicotine can stick onto walls and the ceiling which is what will cause unwanted odors to stick around for you and your guests to smell. We can help in not only getting rid of the odors, but we will go above and beyond and use the necessary formulas to clean out the nicotine stuck on your walls and ceiling. I can say from personal experience that after cleaning a smoker's house it makes the worlds difference. SERVPRO of Manchester-East does not leave anywhere untouched and will make sure that you are satisfied with the job!
Air Ducts and HVAC Cleaning - Manchester, New Hampshire
Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. It is important to inspect the ductwork of your home and or business.
If your HVAC has been operating for some time without attention, it could be circulating odors, dust and other contaminates.
SERVPRO of Manchester-East routinely inspects the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping them clean can extend the life of the equipment. This can in turn save you money and give you cleaner air to breathe.
However, duct cleaning is not always necessary. SERVPRO of Manchester-East will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your system.
The benefits of servicing your HVAC unit include:
- Helps to restore peak energy efficiency.
- May help to eliminate offensive odors.
- Helps reduce the potential for mold growth.
For more information on duct cleaning contact your SERVPRO of Manchester-East today at 603-669-7733. Professionals are just a phone call away!
Tips to Avoid Pipes from Freezing - Help in Manchester, NH
If it happens to you, SERVPRO of Manchester-East will be ready.
You are not alone when it comes to the fight against freezing pipes and it is not always avoidable. As water begins to freeze it also expands and ultimately causes pipes to burst, leaving you with a flooded room. However, there may be some steps you can take in order to try to prevent this from happening to you!
It is important to understand that pipes freeze in the areas of your house that are most vulnerable to the cold where there is little to no insulation, such as the basement, attic and or garage (that's not to say it can't happen anywhere).
Here is a list of tips in trying to avoid pipes from freezing:
- keep all areas of the house well heated as this is the biggest thing you can do to avoid pipes from bursting
- if heating is not an option in places such as your garage, basement, attic, etc. then it is highly recommended to add insulation to these areas to keep the room temperature higher
- check where water supply lines are in your house such as in the kitchen under the skin and in the bathrooms and make sure these areas are well insulated and kept above freezing temperatures
- there are certain products you can have installed such as pipe sleeves or heat tape to help in trying to prevent from pipes freezing
- if money is tight and you can't afford to insulate, newspaper can act as a decent insulator to help keep temperatures up in areas where pipes are exposed to the cold for long periods of time
- consider relocating exposed pipes to more insulated areas
- keep your garage doors shut in order to ensure it stays as warm as possible
- in freezing weather you can let the water drip very slightly from the faucet, which can help prevent pipes from freezing temperature should never be left below 55 degrees Fahrenheit (although higher the better)
Help in Manchester, NH :
Should disaster strike and you find yourself in a flooded mess, SERVPRO of Manchester-East is here to help! We are serving Manchster, NH and surrounding areas of southern New Hampshire as well as Vermont and Massachusetts. Give us a call at 603-669-7733 and help will be on its way! We are open to calls 24/7 and are here to serve you in your time of need. With trained technicians and professional equipment, no one does it better than us!
Whenever we get an emergency service call we must attend to that immediately. This sometimes means having to reschedule other jobs that we have going on. Luckily, our customers are understanding and always patient with us while we attend to these emergencies.
Some emergencies do require protection for our technicians, this includes; face mask, gloves, full body suits, and goggles. We make sure not only that our technicians are safe, but also that when we clean whatever may have been near or even touched the hazardous materials that it is safe for use afterwards or that it is accounted for in the belongings that were not salvageable.
As a homeowner, whenever something occurs remember to call your insurance. Not only may it be covered but they can call SERVPRO Manchester in to handle it; quickly, proficiently, professionally, and carefully. You also can call us directly at 603-669-7733 and we can help you through the process.
Basement Flooded? We still got you covered
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - 603-669-7733
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Manchester and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 603-669-7733
What about storms?
SERVPRO of Manchester specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Rockingham county, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 603-669-7733
What to do when you see mold?
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Manchester for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Manchester specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 603-669-7733
What does mold even mean?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 603-669-7733
Smoke and Soot Information
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Manchester will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 603-669-7733